We're not TRYING to make it difficult to locate library books...
Posted by Kristen Shuyler on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM PDT
...but packing for the move to the Interim Library has begun, so some library books may be unavailable and others may be in unexpected places.
If you want help finding a book, ask a library staff member at the Research Assistance desk or the Circulation desk. We’ll help you navigate the library!
You can also consult the library web site. When looking at the info about a library book, check out these three sections of the page:
- LOCATION – which area of the library the item is in
- CALL # – the item’s location on the shelf
- STATUS – the availability of the item
If the status says AVAILABLE, take a close look at the LOCATION before venturing up to the 3rd or 4th floor. If it says LEML Book (4th NE Corner) (see arrow below), then it is in a new location. To find this new location,
- look for the blue tape on the floor to find the northeast corner of the building,
- check out signs on the 4th floor, or
- ask a staff member for help!
If the status says NOT AVAILABLE (see arrow below), then the book has been packed and will not be available again until the new Lemieux Library & McGoldrick Learning Commons opens in Fall 2010. However, don't despair! Most books can be requested through our consortium, which is called Summit.