One on One Consultation
Work with a learning specialist to learn more about how to improve the results of your study efforts. Learn techniques to manage your time and the demands of your classes, ways to get more from your reading, techniques for effective review, and methods of study for specific subjects such as physics, chemistry, philosophy, math, statistics, etc.
Some common questions that students ask include:
- How can I read more efficiently and remember more?
- How can I focus better when I am studying?
- What are some alternatives to my current notetaking method?
- What materials should I focus on in my classes?
- How do I prepare for exams?
- How can I reduce my anxiety about exams?
If these are concerns you have or if you have other questions specific to your needs, we can . Just set up an appointment by coming to our office or by calling (206) 398-4450.
Individual strategy sessions with a learning specialist are tailored to meet your needs and focus on improving learning and study skills such as:
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Test preparation
- Test-taking techniques
- Reading comprehension
In addition, we can utilize various tools to help you assess perceived strengths and areas for improvement in your overall study habits. Focusing on using learning strengths results in smart approaches!
In order to make the most out of your scheduled individual session, some things to think about before you meet with a specialist could include:
- What do you hope to accomplish during the session?
- What are your current study habits?
- What are you already doing well?
- What skills do you need to develop in order to be academically successful?
- What is your current mindset about your role in your academic success?