Please select one of the following for password reset instructions.
- New Students (Account Activation)
- Existing Students, Faculty, Staff
- Alumni, Emeritus, and other Seattle U Community Members
- Third-Party Proxy Reset
Seattle University students, faculty, and staff are provided with a single network account. These network accounts provide access to SU applications and services, including email, Canvas, and SU Online. SU network accounts support two important safety features:
- Passwords expire 90 days from the time that they are set.
- Accounts lock out automatically after 6 failed login attempts within 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, your account will automatically unlock.
Your Seattle University password must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must be different than the last 6 passwords used
Pre-requisite: Registering for Password Reset
Before resetting your password, you will be prompted to register. Please follow the directions below:
Step 1: Go to https://portal.office.com and try to log into your account.
Step 2: You will be prompted with a series of different authentication methods to use (mobile phone, alternate email or security questions). You are only required to set up one. Please choose whatever method is most convenient for you. If you missed the prompt, navigate to http://aka.ms/ssprsetup.
Once you have set up your authentication, you can continue to reset your password.
- I forgot my password and need to change it; or my password has expired
- I know my password and want to change it.
Step 1: Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
Step 2: Enter your User ID and the recaptcha.
Step 3: Follow the authentication process.
Step 4: Create a new password and click “Finish”
Note: You will need to log in to your workstation with your new password.
Step 1: Go to https://portal.office.com/account/#security and log in with your current credentials.
Step 2: Click on “Security & Privacy”
Step 3: Click “Change Password”
Step 4: Confirm your current password under “Old Password” and create a new one in the “Create New Password” field.
Your password has now been changed.
Step 1: Visit pwreset.seattleu.edu or select one of the following links to reset your password.
- I am setting my password for the first time
- My password has expired
- I forgot my password
- I know my password but want to change it
Step 2: The "I know my password but want to change it" option will only work for passwords that are not expired.
- Enter your SU Login User ID
- Enter your current SU password in the Old Password field
- Enter your new password twice
- Click Change Password
Step 3: If you are setting your password for the first time or changing an expired password, please complete the password reset form. For assistance with resetting your password, please contact the Help Desk at 206-296-5571.
Note: All entries are case sensitive. Make sure that your Caps Lock is off.
- When setting a password, it must be a minimum of 8 characters, contain numbers and letters, and cannot be one of your 6 previously used passwords.
Step 4: Mac Users-Reset your keychain with the help of this support article.
Confirm your records: If you have checked the form for data entry mistakes, but still receive the "Identity cannot be verified" error, contact the university to make sure that there are no typos in your records.
- Students should contact the Office of the Registrar at 206-220-8030.
- Faculty should contact Faculty Services at 206-296-6142.
- Staff should contact Human Resources at 206-296-2100.
Please email the Office of the Registrar (email@example.com) or call 206-220-8030 Mondays and Tuesdays from 9am-6pm and Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9am-4:30pm.