Please watch our tutorial below or select one of the following for password reset instructions.
- Students, Faculty, Staff (New and Existing Accounts)
- Alumni, Emeritus, and other Seattle U Community Members
- Third-Party Proxy Reset
Seattle University students, faculty, and staff are provided with a single network account. These network accounts provide access to SU applications and services, including email, Canvas, and SU Online. SU network accounts support the following safety feature:
- Accounts lock out automatically after 6 failed login attempts within 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, your account will automatically unlock.
Your Seattle University password must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 12 characters
- Must be different than the last 6 passwords used
- Password cannot contain your name
Pre-requisite: Registering for Password Reset
Existing Seattle U students, faculty and staff will need to register before resetting their password. Please follow the directions below:
1. Go to outlook.com/seattleu.edu and try to log into your account.
2. You will be prompted with a series of different authentication methods to use (mobile phone, alternate email or security questions). You are only required to set up one. Please choose whatever method is most convenient for you. If you missed the prompt, navigate to http://aka.ms/ssprsetup.
Once you have set up your authentication, you can continue to reset your password.
- I forgot my password and need to change it; or my password has expired
- I know my password and want to change it.
2. Enter your User ID (Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and the recaptcha.
3. Follow the authentication process.
4. Create a new password and click Finish.
Note: You will need to log in to your workstation with your new password.
1. Go to outlook.com/seattleu.edu and log in with your current credentials.
2. Once logged in, select the Settings icon in the top right of your screen and search for Password and select the option below.
3. Confirm your current password under Old Password and create a new one in the Create New Password field.
Your password has now been changed.
1. Please select one of the following links to reset your password.
I know my password but want to change it...
The "I know my password but want to change it" option will only work for passwords that are not expired.
- Enter your SU Login User ID (not email address)
- Enter your current SU password in the Old Password field
- Enter your new password twice
- Click Change Password
Check for typos! If you receive an "Identity cannot be verified" error message, make sure that you have entered the correct information in each field.
Mac Users: Reset your keychain with the help of this support article.
Confirm your records: If you have checked the form for data entry mistakes, but still receive the "Identity cannot be verified" error, contact the university to make sure that there are no typos in your records.
- Students should contact the Office of the Registrar at 206-220-8030.
- Faculty should contact Faculty Services at 206-296-6142.
- Staff should contact Human Resources at 206-296-2100.
Please email the Office of the Registrar (email@example.com) or call 206-220-8030 Mondays and Tuesdays from 9am-6pm and Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9am-4:30pm.
For more assistance with resetting your password, please contact the Help Desk at 206-296-5571