Jump to a Question
- What does it cost me to print/copy/scan?
- Do student print funds roll over each quarter?
- I'm a student worker. Shouldn't I use my SE account to print for work-related things?
- May I use my copy card on MPS devices?
- How long does a print job stay in the queue/stick around to be printed from any MPS device?
- How do I create/delete an MPS budget?
- Can I get a print refund if my document failed to print?
- What paper is covered under MPS?
Frequently Asked Questions
For general costs, see Managed Printing Costs.
- Faculty/staff and student workers can be added to an MPS Print Group, which authorizes them to use a University budget for their work-related printing. See SU Managed Printing - Faculty/Staff Printing.
- Faculty, staff, and students can add their own money to their Campus Card if they need additional funds for personal printing. Learn more about the money accounts on your card at Campus Card - How to Log In & Add Money to Your eAccount.
Students can learn more at SU Managed Printing - Student Printing.
Absolutely. If you do not use all of your free prints, they will roll over from quarter to quarter throughout the school year. Your free print allotment resets in Summer. Your free prints from the last school year will not roll over to the next one.
No. Student Employee (SE) accounts are designed to be used only to access public email folders. SE accounts are not meant to act as your regular work-related email, for printing, or T-drive permissions. Using an SE account for work-related printing can interfere with printing because you cannot swipe your Campus Card to release print jobs linked to your SE account. Moreover, if an MPS device fails, we have installed backup devices that will print, but you cannot use an SE account to log into these, you must swipe your Campus Card.
Copy cards are shared swipe cards that allow multiple users access to MPS device functions (Sharp devices only). Your Copy Card will be effective for copying, scanning, and printing from a USB device; however, it is not possible to release prints sent from a computer.
For more information please visit SU Managed Printing - Print from USB
A print job remains in the queue for 48 hours. This means once you hit "print" you can go to any MPS device in the next 48 hours and print your document.
Print Administrators can set up print groups to allow users to print using a university activity’s budget for work purposes. See SU Managed Printing - MPS Print Groups
Yes, our MPS system automatically refunds any failed prints. To view your account balance, visit MPS Print Refunds.
Note: Please wait 15-60 minutes before checking your balance as it may take some time before the system adjusts the charges.
MPS provides white 30% recycled 8.5 x 11 paper at no extra charge. Other paper types such as of different sizes, thicknesses, textures, or colors are available for purchase through the following channels:
- Reprographics, in PAVL 020
- SUperCopy, located in PAVL 010
- Campus Store, at the corner of Madison and 12th
- Any online or brick and mortar paper retailer
Return to Guide - SU Managed Printing