Jump to a Question
- What kind of paper can I print to?
- What types of paper cannot be used?
- What is the difference between letter, legal, tabloid, and ledger-sized paper?
- How do I print on envelopes/labels?
- What are commonly used envelope sizes?
- What are the differences between Heavy Paper types?
- I tried to print, but it shows a "Paper Empty" icon. What do I do?
- What is the capacity of the output tray on Sharp devices?
- Paper jam! What do I do?
- How do I order supplies for the printer?
Frequently Asked Questions
MPS devices can print to a wide variety of paper types and sizes. For more details on what is provided and how to acquire other paper types, see the "What paper is covered under MPS?" question at Payments and Costs.
- Special media for an ink jet printer (fine paper, glossy paper, glossy film, etc.)
- Carbon paper or thermal paper
- Pasted paper
- Paper with clips
- Paper with fold marks
- Torn paper
- Oil-feed transparency film
- Thin paper less than 15 lbs (55 g/m2)
- Heavy paper as thick as 110 lbs. cover (300 g/m2) over
- Irregularly shaped paper
- Stapled paper
- Damp paper
- Curled paper
- Paper whose print side or reverse side has been already printed on by another printer or multifunction device
- Paper with a wave-like pattern due to moisture absorption
- Iron-on transfer paper
- Japanese paper
- Perforated paper
Please see the following support article to print and .
"Heavy paper 1" is heavy paper up to 110 lbs. index (220 g/m2)
"Heavy paper 2" is heavy paper up to 140 lbs. index (256 g/m2)
"Heavy paper 3" is heavy paper up to 110 lbs. cover (300 g/m2)
500 sheets or 71mm or less (A4, 8.5” x 11”)
250 sheets or 35.5mm or less (A3, 11” x 17”)
30 copies or 500 sheets or 71mm or less (A4, 8.5” x 11”)
30 copies or 250 sheets or 35.5mm or less (A3, 11” x 17”)
Please see SU Managed Printing - Clear Paper Jams.
1. Select OK within the dialogue box.
2. Press the Paper Empty icon to re-select paper or delete the print job.
3. On the following screen, choose Reselect Paper to choose the appropriate paper size or Stop/Delete to delete the print job.
4. If Reselect Paper is chosen, choose the appropriate paper tray on the next screen. Press OK to begin printing the job.
5. When the job is finished printing, press Back to return to the login screen.
Return to Guide - SU Managed Printing