- Mac Mail is currently incompatible with Maverick OS 10.9. Our technicians are working on resolving this problem.
Please Note: Mac Mail is currently not supported by ITS.
1. Start Mac Mail .
2. Click on Mail in the upper left-hand corner and choose Preferences .
3. Select Accounts .
4. If you previously set up a Seattle University email in Mac Mail, delete the account by clicking [-] at the bottom of the window.
5. Add a new account by clicking [+] at the bottom of the window.
6. Enter your Seattle University credentials and click Continue .
- If you receive an authentication notice, be sure to click Connect .
7. In the Incoming Mail Server window, enter the following information, and then click Continue .
- Account type: Exchange 2007
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- User Name: full SU email (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: SU password
- Check or uncheck boxes to synch contacts or calendars.
8. Verify your account information and click Create .
9. As before, open Mac Mail Preferences and Accounts .
10. Select the Office 365 account (ex. email@example.com) and under the Account Information tab, make sure External Server is left blank.