Adding a Shared Mailbox to Apple Mail
How to Add a Shared Mailbox to Apple Mail
- You will see a new window with the message "Unable to verify account name or password." Enter the following information and click Sign In.
Enter the following information and click Sign In.
A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose a mail account provider. Select Other Mail Account and click Continue.
Select Accounts and click the + (plus sign) in the lower left corner.
On the Mail menu, click Preferences.
- Name: the name you want to assign to the shared mailbox
- Email Address: the email@example.com email address
- Password: use any password
Make sure Mail is selected (selecting Notes is optional) and click Done.
To change the display name of the shared mailbox, click Preferences on the Mail menu. Select Accounts and click on the shared mailbox account in the left-hand menu. In the Description box, type the desired display name for the shared mailbox.
- Email Address: the shared_mailbox @seattleu.edu email address
- User Name: your SU firstname.lastname@example.org\shared_mailbox
- Password: your SU password
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.seattleu.edu