- Your Mac OS should be on version 10.8 or above.
- If you are on campus, connect your device to the SU-secure network.
- If you are off-campus, connect to the network using the VPN.
Note: If your Mac is on the Seattle University domain, you can access InformSU by visiting http://inform.seattleu.edu using your Safari internet browser.
1. Open your Finder application and go to Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices.
2. Navigate to Ticket Viewer and double-click to open.
3. In the dialog box you will see options to "Add Identity" or "Remove Identity," etc. Below will be a list of identities or "tickets" and their expiration status. Note: Expiration statuses may be blank. If there is an identity listed with your SU credentials (email@example.com) that is not expired, you may skip the next step.
5. Click on Add Identity and enter your Seattle University email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Identity field. When prompted, enter your Seattle University password. Note: We recommend not adding it to your Mac Keychain.
6. Open your Safari browser and navigate to http://inform.seattleu.edu.
- The tickets that you create using the Ticket Viewer are usually good for about a day, after which they expire. This means that once each day, you will need to renew your ticket. To do this, click on the refresh icon at the left of the ticket and enter your password.
- To keep things simple, we recommend keeping the Ticket Viewer icon in your Dock. To do this, select the Ticket Viewer and drag it to the dock. Now the Ticket Viewer will always be available to you.
Use Firefox to Access InformSU
Accessing InformSU through different browsers requires additional configuration. Please see the instructions below to access the system from Mozilla Firefox.
Note: Accessing InformSU via Google Chrome is currently unavailable. Please use Safari or Firefox to access InformSU.
1. In the address bar, enter about:config.
2. Click I Accept the Risk.
3. In the search bar, look for network:auto and find network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris.
4. Double-click network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris and enter .seattleu.edu and click OK.
5. Use the search box to find network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris and network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris, and set both to .seattleu.edu, as in the previous step.
6. Open Firefox and enter http://inform.seattleu.edu to access InformSU.