We're aware of a phishing email targeting SU community members. The message subject is titled "Check the attach..." This message is fake, please delete it right away. Do not click the link to open the attachment.
Fake or spam messages sometimes make their way into your inbox. Phishing refers to messages that are sent from fake sources in order to get the recipient's personal information (credit card numbers, passwords, etc.).
There are several ways to spot a phishing message. Here are some of the top things to watch out for:
- The message claims to be from a legitimate company/person, but the account or message format looks odd.
- The message asks you to click on an unidentified link or attachment.
- The message asks for urgent action or response.
- The URL of the message link goes to an unknown location.
- The message asks you for sensitive information (password, financial information, etc.)
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 206-296-5571.