Seattle University is taking a holistic approach to modernize forms, workflow, and content management by:
- Business process review (BPR) conducted June-August 2020 on nearly 100 undergraduate student-facing forms identified and prioritized by the Undergraduate Operations Council.
- Softdocs content discovery sessions took place in August and administrator and file training sessions in September with team members from ITS, Office of the Registrar, and Student Financial Services (SFS) participating.
- Migration to Softdocs from legacy electronic document storage (ImageNow) to be completed by November 1, 2020.
- Discovery, configuration, and training on the forms and workflow component scheduled for November. Registrar and SFS to begin implementation of forms and process improvements beginning late November.
- The long-term goal is for Seattle U offices to utilize Softdocs with ITS acting in an advisory role, providing support when needed to build especially complicated processes. Full system rollout will take approximately 2 years of consistent effort by ITS in partnership with campus offices.
- Since obtaining DocuSign in Spring 2020, ITS has worked with multiple offices to implement this solution for specific use cases. Campus partners include the Office of the Provost, Legal Counsel, Facilities, Education Abroad, and the Office of Sponsored Projects.
- Student Financial Services partnered with ITS to deploy 5 key forms using DocuSign, including the FAFSA Dependent Student Verification Form which requires student and parent signatures.
- ITS implemented DocuSign’s eNotary service for the Office of the CFO.
- ITS is working with the School of Theology and Ministry’s Family and Couples Therapy program to enable students to verify clinic hour and supervisory hour reports via DocuSign.