Visa Renewal

Visa Renewal

It is not possible to renew your F-1 visa in the United States.

If you are a continuing Seattle University student who will be traveling outside the United States and will need to renew your F-1 visa, you should bring along your:

  • Seattle University transcript
  • Any transcripts from other schools you have attended in the United States
  • Updated signature on page 2 of your I-20

The International Student Center can also issue visa renewal recommendation letters for students if they have maintained their F-1 status while at Seattle University.

In addition, students should check their U.S. Embassy or Consulate for other documents needed for F-1 visa renewal. For helpful tips on what to expect in a visa interview, please review this website.