Congratulations on your new position, and welcome to Seattle University! We are so glad to have you here with us.
Keep in mind that onboarding is a process that takes several months. Take your time to get to know the lay of the land, both within your immediate work environment and the University as a whole. Take advantage of the many opportunities to network with fellow members of the Seattle U community; building relationships is key. Here are some of the first steps most University employees need to take to get started.
To Get You Started
- Download and print the Onboarding Checklist, and go over it with your manager. This checklist provides a more comprehensive roadmap of things to do as a new employee and specific resources for completing some of the following steps. Talk with your manager and colleagues about additional unit-specific onboarding procedures.
- Compliance Trainings
- There are required trainings for all Faculty and Staff. The trainings will be sent to your SU inbox within your first week of employment.
- Transportation and Parking Services information can be found here.
- How to View Your Pay Advice
- View Seattle University Polices here
- The HR Policy Manual is located here.
- Review instructions on submitting timesheets and leave reports here.
- Review the ITS site for getting all of your campus technology set up accordingly here.
- Here is a link to frequently used Forms