First-time Freshman for Fall Quarter Only:
All incoming first-time housing applicants will pay a $300 Housing application fee, which will be used as a pre-payment for their fall quarter housing charges. This fee is independent of the cancellation penalties.
- August 1st - Deadline to submit the residential requirement exemption for living off-campus. Go to myHousing Portal, login, and fill out the Release from Housing form.
- August 10th - Students who are declining their acceptance to the University have until August 10th to request a refund of this fee.
All Other Students
Continuing SU students have ten (10) business days after receiving their official assignment to cancel their housing agreement without penalty (if the cancellation reason falls within the exemptions to the residential requirement) so long as the cancellation reason is within the housing policy. After the ten (10) business days the following penalties will apply:
- After May 1 (or 10 business days after receiving an assignment) whichever is later, $500 room cancellation fee
- After June 1 (or 20 business days after receiving an assignment) whichever is later, $1,000 room cancellation fee
- On or after the move-in date: Students are responsible for the housing fee for the entire term in which the student requires a release, plus 50% of any remaining term(s).
All other Students have ten (10) business days after receiving an assignment to cancel their housing agreement without penalty so long as the cancellation falls within the housing policy. After the ten (10) business days, the following penalties will apply:
- After 10 business days $500 cancellation fee
- After 20 business days $1,000 cancellation fee
- After the student moves-in or as of the move-in date: students are responsible for the full housing fee for the term that the student requests for a release and 50% of any remaining term(s).