Freshmen Application Process - STARTS MAY 5 at 3PM!
The housing application process for incoming freshmen is different from the process for returning and transfer students.
Please go to the Future Students page to navigate the steps to finalizing your acceptance and enrollment.
Students are required to live on campus and purchase the Residential Meal Plan (or higher) if they fall into any of the following categories:
- Freshmen or sophomore and under the age of 21.
- First or second year SU student and under the age of 21.
- Within two years of high school graduation date as of first day of fall quarter classes, and under the age of 21.
If students fall into any of the above categories (as of the first day of class for the academic year), they are required to live on campus for the full academic year. If student status (class year, age etc.) changes during the academic year, they will not be released from this housing requirement until the following academic year. The summer quarter is not included in the residential requirement.
Incoming Fall Quarter freshmen housing applications for students will become available in early May. For all other quarters (Winter, Spring, and Summer) please fill out the Housing Application on the Housing Portal.
Getting Ready to Apply for Housing
Housing Application Process
- Go to the Future Students page for more information.
- Complete the Preferences Forms available May 5, 2020 at 3 p.m. PDT
- Go to the Housing Portal to access the application.
- Priority housing application due by June 15, 2020
- TRANSFER STUDENT housing applications are accepted on a rolling basis after May 5. Transfer students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- Optional roommate search opens late June/early July
- Students have the option of searching for a roommate through the housing portal.
- Roommate searching will only be available after completing the housing application.
- Roommate search will close on July 10, 2020 at noon.
- 2020-2021 Important Housing Dates
Freshman Housing Timeline
- May 5, 2020 - Housing Application opens at 3pm on Housing Portal
- June 15, 2020 - Priority Housing Application due
- Late June/early July - Optional roommate searching open in housing application
- July 10, 2020 - Optional roommate searching process closes
- NEW DATE: August 1, 2020 - Room assignment and Move-In information released
- NEW DATE: August 1, 2020 - Time slots available for Selection for Move-In
- August 31 - September 4 - New Student Move-In