School Rep/At-Large Position Descriptions:
2018-2019 GSC General Assembly Elections
General Duties of all GSC Members:
- Attend General Assembly meetings as scheduled
- Serve on 1 GSC Committee by attending meetings and assisting with project support as needed.
- Respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Assist with projects, events, campus partnerships and initiatives, as they align with your goals and position within GSC.
- Uphold the values and mission of GSC and Seattle University as a whole.
General Duties of all School Representatives and Community Members are as follows:
- Advocate the student perspective on issues that affect the quality of student life, including but not limited to the quality of education, academics, student life, and campus issues.
- Serve as a voting member of the GSC General Assembly.
- Willing to lead committees, serve as a mentor, and plan events
- Represent the best interests of their respective community and the student body.
- Write and present legislation and resolutions for the betterment of the general graduate student population.
Community Representative Descriptions:
Community Representatives must meet these qualifications for candidacy:
- School Representative: must be willing to represent the voice of all students in the perspective school, meet with school administration, and collaborate with GSC for targeted events. Available to at least 2 enrolled students in each school including: Albers, College of Education, School of Nursing, College of Science and Engineering, STM, A&S
- Student Wellness Representative: must be invested in the social, emotional, physical, and mental health of graduate students on campus
- Social, Racial, & Economic Justice Representative: must be an enrolled matriculated Seattle University student invested in the voice of marginalized students on campus and the greater SU Community.
- International Representative: must hold a non-immigrant student visa as defined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Multicultural Representative: must have self-identified him/herself as a member of an ethnic or racial minority group(s).
- Veteran Representative: must have served in the military at time of taking office
- Student Parent Representative: must be a parent at time of taking office
- At-Large Representatives: must be any enrolled matriculated student at Seattle University.