Michelle Clements provided the reflection.
Cost Structure/FY21 Budget Update: Wilson Garone provided a brief update on the Budget Advisory Group. Discussion followed as the Cabinet considers the approach to the FY21 budget and the five-year financial plan.
Cabinet Retreat: The Cabinet reviewed the agenda for its Dec. 18 retreat.
Presidential Search Planning Process: Mary Petersen provided the Cabinet with an update on the presidential transition and search process to date. Three search firms were interviewed on Dec. 9; the final firm to be identified in January. The search co-chairs and board chair are in the midst of forming the search committee that will be formally appointed by the board in February. The timeline was reviewed.
- Enrollment: There is a new working group meeting to consider a test-optional approach for applicants.
- MarCom: Christmas video going out tomorrow, Dec 18; the Strategic Directions booklet is in production.
- ITS: pop-up help desk will be in the Library Jan 6-10; as new service or software contracts are renewed, it is important that IT and OUC review those contracts.
- ODI: New Exec Coordinator – Adrena Collins started on Dec. 16; ODI is co-sponsoring a workshop – “interrupting racism”.
- HR: The WA wage and labor law was approved as anticipated, but with an extended seven-year timeline.
- EVP: VPEM search committee met with Koya, the firm leading the search.