FAQs & Quick Reference Guide

Download the Facilities Quick Reference Guide

Visit our Office Moves Page


Something isn’t working right.

Stuff:  move around and surplus.

How exactly does this all work?


What is considered an emergency?

Emergencies typically include such things as health and safety hazards, imminent damage to facilities or equipment, security deficiencies, heating requests, elevator breakdowns, water leaks, power outages, etc. Call the Facilities Resource Center (FRC): 206-296-6996 Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
After hours, call Public Safety 206-296-5990.

Who is in charge of safety on campus?

It depends, but start with Public Safety 

How do you deal with disability accommodations and ADA compliance?

We make every effort to make the campus accessible. Please contact Human Resources if you have any concerns or suggestions. For students, please contact Disability Services.

Do you lend out tools and equipment?

Only under special circumstances.  Please contact the Facilities Resource Center -206-296-6996.  For repair work please submit a work order.

I’m confused. Who can I call?

Call the Facilities Resource Center (FRC): 206-296-6996, Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 p.m.
After hours, call Public Safety: 206-296-5990.

Something isn’t working right.

Something’s broken in my building. Can you fix it?

Most often, yes!

The situations below require an immediate response; please call us at 206-296-6996 so we can address them right away.

  • Blown fuses, electrical outages
  • Broken glass
  • Elevator issues
  • Heating and cooling adjustments
  • Water Leaks

You can also submit a work order for...

  • Affixing of bookcases to walls
  • Assistance with moving items across campus
  • Broken furniture
  • Broken or malfunctioning windows
  • Broken window blinds
  • Classroom clocks, podiums, desks, chairs
  • Disability access/ADA compliance
  • Evaluation of requests and complex projects
  • Extra garbage or recycling totes (large plastic rolling bins)
  • Graffiti
  • Hazardous material disposal
  • Keyboard trays
  • Landscaping and pruning
  • Light bulb replacement
  • Locks and keys, including doors and filing cabinets
  • Malfunctioning doors
  • Malfunctioning outlets, missing outlet covers
  • Masonry problems (sidewalks, paving)
  • Mounting of bulletin boards, art, etc.
  • Noisy or squeaky ventilation
  • Painting
  • Pest sightings and control
  • Recycling pickup
  • Signage, including office sign inserts
  • Spills and stains requiring cleaning
  • Surplus furniture and equipment…and more!

How do I adjust the temperature in my office?

Thermostats in your office or building can adjust the temperature within certain parameters. If your space is uncomfortably hot or cold, call the Resource Center at 206-296-6996.

Which buildings have air conditioning?

1313 E Columbia, A&A Building, Bannan biology labs, Campion prayer rooms and room 100C, Chardin (first floor only), Engineering rooms 302, 308, 309, and 313, Fitness Center, Garrand (first floor classrooms), James C. Pigott Pavilion for Leadership, Harding, Lee Center, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Loyola rooms 202, 203, 300, 301, and 302, O'Brien Center, Pigott (auditorium and north wing only), Student Center, Sullivan Hall Law School, Vachon Room, and Wyckoff Auditorium have air conditioning.

Stuff: move around, set up, get rid of.

How can I get some boxes moved into storage?

Enter a work order with the Resource Center . The crew will then arrange to pick up and deliver your items.

I need help setting up an event. Can Resources and Logistics help? 

In most situations, Conference and Event Services can handle your needs. If they cannot, contact the Resource Center to see if Resources and Logistics can assist. There may be a charge.

What do I do if I need to get rid of an item?

To surplus an item you no longer need, simply put in a work order detailing what the item is, where it is located, the condition the item is in and any asset tag numbers you have. We'll take care of the rest. To surplus a computer item, please contact the IT department at x5571.

What do I do if I need to get a surplus item?

If you want a surplus item for your office, put in a work order describing exactly what you are looking for, what size and what color it should be, as well as where you want it. Our inventory is limited, but we will try to find what you are looking for.

How exactly does this all work?

What are your office hours?

Facilities Resource Center is open from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, although maintenance staff may work slightly different hours. In the event of an emergency after hours, please contact Public Safety at 206-296-5990.

How do I put in a work order?

To put in a work order, click here

What do I do if I can't log in?

Call the Resource Center at 206-296-6996 for assistance.

How soon can I expect my work order to be completed?

The lead time of work that is carried by each shop varies due to the type of work requested and the time it takes to complete the work. Urgent requests (safety related issues, loss of power, food preparation equipment, living and working environments, etc.) are responded to within minutes or two days depending on the particular situation. Typical lead times for work orders are:

Type Time
Carpentry 3 weeks
Resources & Logistics 2 weeks
Envir. Health & Safety 3 to 4 weeks
Electrical 3 weeks
Grounds 3 weeks
Lock 2 weeks
Mechanical 3 weeks
Paint 3 weeks
Recycling 1 week
Res Hall Custodial 2 weeks
Res Hall Maintenance 3 weeks
Sign 3 weeks
Sign - Office 2 weeks
Support Services 1 week
Vehicle 1 week
HES (Janitorial) 1 week

What services are chargeable?

Chargeable requests - please see the Facilities Quick Reference Guide

How are services charged back?

A Project Funding Form (PFF) is used to charge back materials and labor to the requesting department.

How do I get a PFF?

When you submit a work order, it is evaluated by a Facilities shop lead or manager and discussed with the requester. If it is determined that the request is chargeable, the Facilities lead or manager itemizes the costs on the PFF and turns it into the Facilities Resource Center. The FRC will send the PFF to the requester. The Activity Manager of the requesting department has 15 days to sign and return the PFF, approve the work, or decline it by notifying the FRC. Upon receipt of the approved PFF, materials will be ordered and the work begins.

Guide to Services

Facilities provides a multitude of services for the campus, community, and environment. If you are not sure whom to contact for your question or comment bookmark the list below. Our staff is at hand to help solve your problem.

ADA Modifications Human Resources 
Air Conditioning Submit a Work Order
Alarms Submit a Work Order
Budgets, Facilities Facilities Finance
Campus Art Fr. Josef Venker. S.J
Carpentry/Wood Work Submit a Work Order
Construction Design + Construction
Custodial - Academic Buildings Submit a Work Order
Electrical Problems Submit a Work Order
Environmental Hazards Submit a Work Order
Gardens Submit a Work Order
Heat Submit a Work Order
HVAC Submit a Work Order
Interior Design Design + Construction
Lawn Care Submit a Work Order
Lights Submit a Work Order
Locks and Keys Submit a Work Order
Masonry Submit a Work Order    
Megamation Submit a Work Order
Moving Submit a Work Order
Paint Submit a Work Order 
Parking Public Safety
Pavement Submit a Work Order
Plumbing Submit a Work Order
Project Management Design + Construction
Purchasing Procurement
Real Estate Nathan Gregory
Recycling, Compost Submit a Work Order
Residence Hall Maintenance Submit a Work Order
Roofing Submit a Work Order
Signage Submit a Work Order
Sustainability CEJS
Work Requests Submit a Work Order
Vehicle Maintenance Submit a Work Order