Earn your teaching credential with your bachelor's degree
Major in Interdisciplinary Liberal Studies (IDLS) with a specialization in Elementary Education (K-8)! This enables you to:
- Earn a bachelor's degree from one of the top-rated programs in the nation
- Earn a Washington state elementary (K-8) teaching credential
- Earn an English Language Learner (ELL) endorsement
- Get over 700 hours of field work in classrooms, beginning in your first year
To learn more, visit the IDLS elementary education page.
K-8 Paraprofessional Transfer Pathway:
Major in Digital Technology and Cultures with a specialization in Elementary Education (K-8) and ELL endorsement! This collaborative degree path between the School of New and Continuing Studies and the College of Education is:
- Designed for paraprofessional transfer students with an AA degree
- Offered in a hybrid format with face-to-face and online instructional strategies
- Nine quarters long with five quarters of field work in the classroom
- Designed to enable participants to teach foundational digital skills for the 21st century
- Launching in June 2018
Applications for AA student's are available online. If you already have a BA, email firstname.lastname@example.org directly for application details. To learn more please fill out our request information form or call us at (206) 296-2147.