Fall Quarter: July 20
Winter Quarter: November 20
Spring Quarter: February 20
Summer Quarter: May 20
Complete Seattle University’s Application, which includes the following elements:
- $55 Application Fee*
- 2 College of Education Recommendation Forms
- Choose recent employers, supervisors or professors
- College of Education Self-Evaluation Form
*Waived for SU alumni
- For MAEd/MEd: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- For Post-Masters Certificate: Master’s degree in a field other than TESOL/ELL from an accredited college or university
- Official Transcript(s)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Calculated from the last 90 quarter/60 semester of the bachelor's degree and any post-baccalaureate or graduate course work.
- Applicants with less than a 3.00 GPA and applications from non-graded bachelor's degree programs must submit GRE or MAT scores earned within the last 5 years.
- Second Language Preferred
- Although not required, we recommend that students whose first language is English be proficient in a second language to enhance their effectiveness as an ESL instructor
Requirements for International Students
Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency.
Graduate and post baccalaureate applicants who received a baccalaureate degree or higher from Seattle University or a recognized college or university in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia who remain in a country where English is the primary language for two years will not be required to submit English proficiency test scores.
International Application Deadlines
Fall Quarter: April 1
Winter Quarter: September 1
Spring Quarter: December 1
Summer Quarter: January 1