Student Development Administration
Fall Quarter: December 1
Summer Quarter: December 1
Complete Seattle University’s Online Application, which includes the following elements:
- $55 Application Fee*
- Letter of Intent
- Two-three page autobiography showing evolution of career interests
- Two-page professional resume documenting education, volunteer and professional experience.
- 2 College of Education Recommendation Forms
- From individuals familiar with the applicant's ability to complete graduate-level study and perform as a professional
- College of Education Self-Evaluation Form
*Waived for SU alumni
- Online Application
- Bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university
- Official Transcript(s)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- As calculated from last 90 quarter/60 semester hours of bachelor's degree work and any credits completed after the bachelor's degree. This includes transfer credits.
- Applicants with less than a 3.00 GPA or from non-graded bachelor's degree programs must submit GRE scores, taken within five years, directly from the scoring agency.
Application Process and Timeline
- December 1: Application Deadline
- All spaces in the program are filled in the fall quarter by students who apply by the December 1 deadline.
- December 1: Graduate Assistantships Deadline
- Applications for Graduate Assistantships must be completed by December 1 in order to be considered for a graduate assistantship for the following academic year.
- January 16 – February 1: Notification of Admission
- Admission deliberations for the fall take place in mid-January. Admitted applicants will be notified first by e-mail between January 16 and February 1 with official notification to follow by mail. Waitlisted and denied applicants will be notified by mail only.
- February 21-22, 2019 and February 28-March 1, 2019: Graduate Assistantship Preview Days
Admissions Tours and Appointments
Call (206) 220-8010 if you would like to schedule an admission tour and/or an appointment with a graduate admissions counselor. The admissions tours are geared toward prospective undergraduates, but prospective graduate students are welcome on them.
International students are invited to visit our admissions page for a list of requirements.