School Counseling Program Cost Estimate
|Estimated Expenses and Aid:
Tuition (2023-24): 90 credits at $722 per credit
|$64,980 (12 quarters)
Scholarship Award Range
^Totals do not include fees
- Your graduate tuition is billed differently than undergraduate tuition. You are only expected to pay for the credits you are enrolled in each quarter plus any fees.
- Compare more than just cost. While cost is very important, it shouldn’t be the sole factor in choosing a program. Consider value of a program including the quality and reputation of an institution, program structure, personal fit, professional outcomes, and scholarships awarded. Program specific comparisons include:
- Was their program on the forefront of accreditation?
- Is the program taught by full-time nationally recognized faculty in their fields?
- Do they provide the option for students to graduate with the opportunity to pursue their Substance Use Disorder Professional Certificate after graduation?
- Does the program boast a 100% passing rate on national exams?
- Do they provide a quality educational experience and small class sizes?
- Is their program the national leader on social justice counseling?
- Explore outside avenues. While Seattle University has scholarships available for students, additional support may be found from outside agencies. Explore a few options here, then conduct your own search. For veterans, we are a Yellow Ribbon School.
- File for financial aid. Students need to submit a FAFSA so that our financial aid office can determine eligibility for loans and scholarships. International students are not eligible for federal funding or Seattle University’s scholarships. More information can be found here. Undocumented students should consult Student Financial Services prior to submitting a FAFSA. Additional resources for DACA students may be found here.
We understand this is a significant decision and we want to be a resource for you. Our goal is to help you learn more about our program and how it fits your educational and professional needs.