Elementary Endorsement Summer Module Enrollment
Determine which course(s) you need to enroll in to meet the content requirements of the elementary endorsement. This can be done by completing the Elementary Education Endorsement form and then meeting with an advisor. The elementary endorsement form provides detailed directions and outlines the content areas for which you must document coursework.
Current one credit modules available:
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Visual Arts
Current three credit summer courses available:
- Math for Elementary Teachers
Review the following information before beginning any of the courses:
- The courses are offered as Seattle University continuing education credits. These continuing education credits cannot be transferred into undergraduate or graduate programs.
- These courses are only for elementary education students that are admitted to the Master In Teaching Program at Seattle University. Students should plan to dedicate at least 30-40 hours to each one credit course.
- The modules are designed for independent learners who do not need ongoing support. If you need regular support and interaction, please enroll in an undergraduate course at a community or four-year college. The exception to this is the Math for Elementary Teachers course. This is a traditional, three credit class that meets on campus.
- Please Note: if you elect to complete any outstanding content requirements by enrolling in an undergraduate course at a community or four-year college, your course must be pre-approved by the MIT Program before enrolling. Admitted students can request course approval by following the Provisions Advising Form directions, provided in Canvas.
- Complete the coursework no later than August 10th of your entry year. Students are encouraged to submit their work earlier, if possible.