The MIT graduate program at Seattle University provides prospective teachers with an intensive, full-time program that builds on their in-depth undergraduate preparation in an academic major with advanced study in professional education at the graduate level. They learn as part of a cohort, or learning community, mutually challenged and supported by their peers and an award-winning faculty.
There are many benefits to enrolling in the MIT program:
- Cohort groups start in fall and spring
- Highly competitive program with strong reputation in K-12 schools
- Educator Career Placement Center has a comprehensive process to assist graduates in job placement
- Graduate degree places teachers at a higher pay scale while simultaneously achieving Washington state certification
- 50% of time in the program is spent in the field