These are some of the prospective students' most frequently asked questions about the Adult Education and Training Program at Seattle University.

Can I work while going to school?

Yes, the online courses are offered in both synchronous and asynchronous formats. All online sessions are offered in the evening.

Can I be an adult educator without having a teaching certificate?

Yes. To teach adults in community colleges or in other settings, a teaching certificate is not required.

How long does it take to finish the program?

The program may be completed in two years taking two classes per quarter, including summers. Since AEDT is not a cohort program, students may opt to take fewer or more classes.

What's the difference between the MA and the MEd?

These degree options both require 45 credits. The MA requires a 3-credit graduate project. The project is a problem-based scholarly product focusing on an area of student interest. To complete the MEd students choose an elective course in lieu of a project.

Do I have to find my own internship site?

The faculty starts to work with students in the middle of their program to find a site, should the student choose to do the optional internship. It is, however, the student's responsibility to locate an appropriate site and develop an internship proposal approved by both the advisor and the site supervisor.

Is this program accredited?

Seattle University and the College of Education is regionally accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.

Can I transfer credit?

Up to 10 quarter credits of graduate study may be transferred if they meet Seattle University criteria, including completion within six years of the date all master's degree work is to be concluded. Transfer credit must be at the A or B grade level, and earned at a fully accredited institution.