2019-2020 Cabinet's Commitment to Live and Lead Inclusively
As leaders of the institution who are committed to advancing inclusive excellence:
- We commit to being intentional in living inclusively.
- We commit to engaging in self-examination and reflection to better understand ourselves and our particular culture lens; through self-awareness, we are better positioned to understand others.
- We will work to acknowledge that which we don't know, and will not use what is unconscious or unexplored as barriers to self-knowledge.
- We will be accountable and open to increasing our knowledge of the dynamics of difference and its various intersections, including the historical and institutional legacies of cultural exclusion and the impact on equity and belonging.
- We commit to building relationships across differences and to reciprocal learning through affirming the stories, experiences, and backgrounds of others.
- We commit to deepening capacity to identify and recognize dynamics that diminish wholeness within our respective spheres of leadership and to use our voices to question, speak up, and lead by example.
- We will strive for cultural humility and creating gracious spaces - to accept and respect with genuine curiosity. We commit to pausing and listening.
- We will embrace the courage to be imperfect - keeping in mind that our commitment to live, and ultimately, to lead more inclusively is a journey; not a destination. We will forgive ourselves for mistakes, learn from them and practice inclusive habits.
- We commit to becoming inclusive leaders and using our growth to advance Seattle University's Jesuit mission of educating the whole person, to professional formation, and to empowering leaders for a just and humane world.
- Stephen V. Sundborg, S.J., President
- Shane P. Martin, Provost
- Timothy Leary, Executive Vice President
- Wilson Garone, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Michelle Clements, Vice President for Human Resources
- Mary Petersen, Vice President and University Counsel
- Alvin Sturdivant, Vice President for Student Development
- Robert Dullea, Vice President for Planning and Vice Provost
- Scott McClellan, Vice President for University Affairs
- Anne Moran, Executive Assistant to the President
- Michael Podlin, Vice President for University Advancement
- Natasha Martin, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
- Christopher Van Liew, Vice President for Information Technology
- Melore Nielsen, Interim Vice President for Enrollment Management and Dean of Admissions