Disabilities Services provides academic adjustments, academic counseling, support, advocacy and referral for Seattle University students who have disabilities. Disabilities Services is located in Loyola 100. Please contact us if we can provide any assistance to you.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues related to the implementation of accommodations.
- Review medical, psychological and/or psycho-educational reports and identify reasonable accommodations for students.
- Notify faculty of the accommodation needs of students.
- Provide suggestions for instructional strategies appropriate to an individual student's needs.
- Identify possible disabilities and refer them to community diagnosticians, as appropriate. Support the provision of accommodations through producing print material in alternate formats (Braille, audio tape, disk); administering exams with extra time, a low distraction environment, readers, word processors or scribes; arranging interpreters and Real Time captioning; matching students with volunteer note takers; and other services as needed.
- Support effective faculty/ staff/student relationships.