Want to get involved with SU recycling efforts?
- This year, SU is competing in RecycleMania, a friendly competition for college and university recycling programs to promote waste reduction activities on their campus communities. From February 4 to April 1, 2017, we will be doing everything we can to promote wasting less and recycling more.
- Have an awesome idea to get people more excited about recycling? Or just want to volunteer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for more information.
SU Upcycles 200 Beds
- Over the last three years, the Campion residence hall has been upgrading to new, metal, tool-less beds. Instead of the old beds being destined for a landfill, SU decided to donate the 200 bunk beds to the Union Gospel Mission and NW Furniture Bank.
- Some of the beds found homes locally and were given to families displaced from their homes by a West Seattle apartment fire, while others will be donated to communities in Africa through a separate donation service partnered with the NW Furniture Bank. Learn more.
Learn more about recycling:
What Can I Put in a Recycling Bin?
- Electronics, furniture, light bulbs, metal scrap, paint, large quantity of books
- CDs and cell phones
- Office file purge
- Packing air bags, bubble wrap and peanuts
- Styrene foam packaging
- Toner cartridges
Contact Eric Elliott, Recycling Coordinator, 296-6459 with questions.