Our mission is to support interdisciplinary scholarship, teaching, and learning in environmental justice and sustainability. The CEJS goals are to:
- Make Seattle University a recognized leader in the scholarship and teaching of environmental justice and sustainability (EJS).
- Support faculty and student scholarship on EJS issues.
- Co-sponsor lectures, symposia, and workshops that engage EJS scholars with the community and advance public policy.
- Facilitate global scholarship partnerships with Jesuit universities and other programs addressing EJS.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for Seattle U environmental programs and sustainability initiatives.