Writing Effective Transition Plans (full-day)
8 a.m.-3 p.m. or 9 a.m.-4 p.m., including a one-hour lunch break.
To ensure that students with disabilities receive the services and supports necessary to pursue their post-school expectations in education, training, employment, and independent living.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify and describe the components of transition
- Determine the presence or absence of transition components within an IEP
- Age Appropriate Transition Assessments
- Post-Secondary Goals
- Transition Services
- Course of Study
- Annual Goals
- Adult Service Agencies
The presentation PowerPoint and supplemental materials are available for viewing and download from CCTS's Writing Effective Transition Plans Google Drive Folder.
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. - Introduction, Setting the Stage
- 9:30-11:00 a.m.- Assessments
- 11:00-11:15 a.m. - BREAK
- 11:15-12:15 p.m. - Post-Secondary Goals
- 12:15-1:15 p.m. - LUNCH
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. - Transition Services
- 2:15-2:30 p.m. - BREAK
- 2:30-3:45 p.m. - Course of Study, Annual Goals, and Agency Linkages
- 3:45-4:00 p.m. - Exit Ticket, Clock Hours, Housekeeping
Request Writing Effective Transition Plans Training