Student-Led IEPs (full day)
8 a.m.-3 p.m. or 9 a.m.-4 p.m., including a one-hour lunch break.
To provide students with disabilities the skills and opportunities to actively participate in their IEP meetings and/or transition planning. These skills, which include self-determination, are essential for empowering students to make decisions about their future in the areas of education, training and employment.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Discuss student engagement levels and benefits of student IEP participation
- Describe steps for developing student skill sets focusing on self-determination for IEP participation
- Identify and explore supporting instructional materials that can be infused or integrated into existing curriculum
- Identify a variety of IEP participation formats to support students in leading their IEP meetings
- Reflect, apply and develop a plan for next steps back in your district
- IEP participation continuum
- Instructional steps to prepare students
- Planning for implementation
The presentation PowerPoint and supplemental materials are available for viewing and download from CCTS's Student-Led IEP Google Drive Folder.
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. - Introduction, Setting the Stage
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. - Overview, Purpose, and Challenges
- 10:15-10:30 a.m. - BREAK
- 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.- Assessment, Parent Involvement, and Self-Determination
- 12:00-12:45 p.m. - LUNCH
- 12:45-1:45 p.m. - Self-Determination (continued)
- 1:45-2:00 p.m. - BREAK
- 2:00-3:15 p.m. - Understanding the IEP and Student Participation Planning
- 3:15-3:45 p.m. - Planning Development
- 3:45-4:00 p.m.- Final Questions, Clock Hours
Request Student-Led IEP Training