In 2016, CCTS received a contract award from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to improve the transition outcomes of students with disabilities from school to employment or postsecondary education.
- Increase post-school outcomes in employment and postsecondary education/training programs for students with disabilities in Washington state.
- Provide a coordinated set of pre-employment transition services (Pre-ETS) between LEAs, ESDs and DVR agencies throughout Washington state.
CCTS Transition Specialists and DVR Pre-Employment Transition Consultants are collaborating with district-level Transition Learning Communities (TLCs) and regional Interagency Transition Networks (ITNs) to improve and increase post-school outcomes for students in employment and education. At the end of the project, CCTS will report on the overall process, outcomes, and promising practices for implementation throughout the state. See details about the 2018 CCTS Transition Forum below.
- DVR Data, Assessments, and Reports: DVR conducts analyses and assessments to better understand the experiences and service needs of its customers, with a focus on what customers need to be successful in the workplace.
- The following "train the trainer" PowerPoint presentations are designed to support CCTS Transition Specialists, DVR Transition Consultants, and DVR Counselors as they implement self-determination curriculum and ITNs in their region.
2018 CCTS Transition Forum: Collaboration with DVR
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - Wednesday, June 27, 2018
12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Tuesday), 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Wednesday), includes meal times
Wenatchee Convention Center
Who Should Attend
- DVR supervisors, counselors, and transition specialists
- ESD special education directors and transition coordinators
- Pilot district staff, faculty, and local business partners
Visit the CCTS/DVR Project Website for details and registration