Fresh Start This Fall
The CCTS Team hopes you are having a gentle beginning of the school year with lots of dreams and expectations for great success! We are here to support you with resources, asynchronous training materials, and technical assistance. Please reach out to us if you have questions!
Aligning the HSBP with the IEP
As we enter this school year, there are many questions about the High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) and how it relates to the Individualized Education Program (IEP). Just a reminder: HSBPs are not the sole responsibility of Special Education (SE) teachers. SE teachers are members of the teams that support students in creating their student-centered, student-facing graduation requirement.
Informational resources about HSBP and IEP alignment are available on both OSPI and CCTS’s websites. If you have questions after reviewing these materials, please email email@example.com.
- Guidelines for Aligning HSBP and IEP Transition Plans (PDF)
- HSBP/IEP Transition Planning Checklists for Educators (PDF)
- HSBP/IEP Transition Planning Checklist for Students (PDF)
- Examples of HSBP and Aligned IEP Transition Plan
- Aligning IEPs and High School and Beyond Plans Webinar (PPT or PDF)
- T-Folio – transition portfolio tool that helps students with developing their transition plans and supporting the development of their HSBPs
- Writing Effective Transition Plans - asynchronous training designed for special educators
The Post-School Survey for 2019-20 leavers is open through November 1. Remember that all surveys must be submitted as 100% complete by Nov. 1 at 11:59 p.m.
As of this morning, the survey is nearly 65% complete with a 56.5% response rate, statewide. Congrats to the districts who have finished their surveys for this year!
- Support materials: Guidance for Educators page on the CCTS website
- Training PowerPoints: 2021 Post-School Survey Training Google Drive folder
- Specific questions: email CCTS@seattleu.edu
Now Available: 2021 CCTS/DVR Transition Forum Archives
Selected materials and presentations from the 2021 CCTS/DVR Transition Forum, Voices of Change, are now available for viewing and download. Topics include:
- Keynote: Where We Have Been, and Where We are Going, presented by Judy Heumann
- Learning from Our Past: A Forward View of Special Education Transition Services in Washington, presented by Glenna Gallo and Dr. Tania May
- Moving Toward Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Pedagogies in Transition Programming, presented by Dr. Edwin Achola
- Mental Health Needs for Youth & Young Adults Post-COVID-19, presented by Michelle Pappas
- …and more!
Visit www.cctsForum.com for details.
Special Education Consistency Index
CCTS is in conversation with OSPI about retiring the Special Education Consistency Index (SECI) platform until a more thorough needs-assessment can be completed. While we recognize the value of the platform for compliance, it needs significant restructuring to continue to function.
As we determine a timeline for next steps, the training course through eLearning is no longer accepting new registrants. CCTS will continue to monitor the SECI platform, but technical assistance may be delayed.
If you have questions or concerns about retiring the SECI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transition Foundations: Asynchronous Online Training
Transition training materials are available in self-paced, online formats. Each training includes a workbook and a series of PowerPoint modules that can be reviewed individually or with a group (recommended).
- Writing Effective Transition Plans (11 modules)
- Student-Led IEPs (7 modules)
- Developing Job Shadow Experiences (7 modules)
CCTS Transition Network
CCTS invites all Washington educators, administrators, and agency representatives to join us on Basecamp, an online communication platform.
Join the CCTS Transition Network on Basecamp to share your thoughts, questions, ideas, and recommendations related to transition.