Jumpstart is a great way to give back to community and make a lasting impact.
- Gain professional experience working directly with children in preschool.
- Build your resume & become a well-rounded applicant for future employers.
- Receive ongoing training and work alongside a team passionate about doing work that matters.
Jumpstart Seattle U begins with a selective application process during the first week of the fall quarter. Most students working with Jumpstart are hired via federal work-study funding but volunteers are also welcome to apply.
All Jumpstart Corps members who complete 300 hours of service are eligible to receive an annual educational award for each year of completed service.
What can JumpStart members expect?
- 300 hours of service throughout the school year
- 4+ hours every week in the classroom (two sessions per week for two hours each)
- 3+ hours of team planning every week
- 1-5 hours in the classroom (outside of the Jumpstart program) supporting teachers during the normal school day every week
- Earn federal work-study funding
- Earn an educational award upon completion of each full academic year of service
Jumpstart Employee Toolkit