Campus Ministry welcomes the experiences, tensions, and gifts of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons in the Seattle University Community. We honor our diversity as people made in the image and likeness of God by offering hospitality to all.
Queer People of Faith is a collective of students interested in exploring the intersections of queer identity with spirituality. Queer People of Faith is for you if you are interested in participating in or helping to develop programs for queer students on campus in response to existing needs and interests. If you are interested in being involved with Queer People of Faith, contact Marilyn Nash, Campus Minister for Social Justice. Some of the programs organized by and for queer students through Queer People of Faith include:
- Queer Brunch for Lunch: Join fellow queer students in fall quarter to build community and begin brainstorming Queer People of Faith activities for the year.
- Trans Day of Remembrance: Each year, Queer People of Faith is a partner in planning and facilitating a memorial service on Trans Day of Remembrance, which takes place on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
- IgnatianQ Conference: For several years, Queer People of Faith has sent a delegation of interested students to IgnatianQ, a conference which brings together students from Jesuit universities across the country to explore issues pertinent to the lives of LGBTQ persons.
In addition to these programs, Queer People of Faith is eager to collaborate with student groups interested in bringing relevant events to campus. If you are interested in a possible collaboration with Queer People of Faith, contact Marilyn Nash, Campus Minister for Social Justice. Past collaborations have included:
- Supporting Triangle Club in their planning of the Colors Retreat
- Working with Queer Trans People of Color to send a delegation of students to IgnatianQ