Job Title: Athletic Director
Company: The Bush School
Industry: Interscholastic Education
Mentor Since: 2018
Will Mentor: Graduate Students
Oversee all aspects of K-12 interscholastic athletic program
K-12 independent school - Experiential education is a distinguishing element of the school’s educational philosophy. It promotes a complex, integrated understanding of the world, develops leadership, builds self-confidence, and empowers students.
- 2003-2008 Athletic Director, International School of Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2008-2013 Athletic Director, Mid-Pacific Institute, Honolulu, HI
- 2013-2014 Activities Director & Assistant Athletic Director, Frankfurt International School, Germany
- 2014-present Athletic Director, The Bush School, Seattle, WA
- Graduate Degree in Exercise Science and Coaching - German Sports University Cologne, Germany
Mentoring Objectives & Scope
Provide insight into daily operations within an interscholastic athletic program. Discussion topics: How to get a foot in the door, How to prepare for a fast-paced, dynamic work setting, How to deal with a variety of community members (students, faculty/staff, coaches, parents).
When and where do you hold meetings with your students?
Totally flexible. We could meet here at The Bush School, but I am also available to meet on campus.
I wish such a mentor program had existed when I went to school. I am happy to serve in this capacity and hope to be able to provide helpful insight and to help the students make connections in the world of interscholastic sports.