Priority Deadline: February 15
Meeting this deadline allows you to apply for Graduate Assistantships and for Master’s in Sport Business Leadership scholarships early, both of which are only available to those students who are admitted to the MSBL program. We encourage applicants to begin the process as early as possible. Preparing for the GRE or GMAT, making sure your recommendations have been submitted, and writing the admission essay are three of our admission requirements that take time. All applicants who meet this deadline will be notified of an admission decision on the first business day after February 15.
After February 15, all applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. Once the application is complete, a decision is made within 5 business days.
Application Deadline: July 15
Applications are accepted until mid-July provided we have open spaces. Our current cohort maximum is 30 students.
We admit only once a year, and our cohort begins mid-August during SU’s Summer Intersession. All applicants should apply for a summer quarter start date.
- No specific major is required for admittance. Our students have received bachelor’s degrees in History, Psychology, Business, Chemistry, Philosophy, Communications, Exercise Science, and many other areas.
- We want students who are critical thinkers and can apply theory to practical portfolio-based assignments.
The following information is required for application:
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission form and a non-refundable $55 application fee (waived for Seattle University alumni).
- Official transcripts. Minimum grade point average of 3.00 GPA calculated from official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of the bachelor’s degree, including any transfer credits earned during this time and any post-baccalaureate coursework. Average GPA of those admitted has been 3.4 on a 4-point scale. For those applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA, higher GRE scores are required.
- GRE or GMAT exam scores. The GRE and GMAT scores of those admitted average around the 50th percentile on all three aspects of the Exam: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. Recent GMAT scores above the 50th percentile on all sections may be substituted for GRE scores.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who have evaluated applicant's academic work or supervised practical experience and are able to assess the potential for graduate study. These letters should address the applicant's potential for academic success at the graduate level, specifically noting the fit of the applicant to the mission and goals of Seattle University and the MSBL program.
- A 400-word essay describing how the MSBL program (specifically our approach, learning outcomes, and classes) will help the applicant achieve personal and professional goals.
- Professional résumé.
- If English is not the applicant's native language, official English proficiency scores meeting the university's entrance requirements must be submitted. See policy 2008-01 in Admissions Policies for details
To apply for the MSBL program and for additional SU graduate program information, please follow the instructions on the Graduate Admissions website.