Admissions and Certificate Requirements from Seattle University's 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). Applicants who have achieved a CPA or CFA certificate in the last 5 years can waive this requirement.
- ACCT 5120: Intermediate Financial Accounting II (or equivalent)
- ACCT/FINC 5300: Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation
- FINC 5100: Investments (or equivalent)
- FINC 5050: Corporate Financial Management
- Choose one:
- ACCT 5380: Systems Modeling for Financial Decisions
- ECON 5100: Statistical Applications and Quantitative Methods
- FINC 5130: Financial Modeling
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
NOTE: *Students with previous comparable coursework with a B- or better have the option of waiving these courses.
II. Required Courses
|Four required courses (12 credits)||Credits|
|ACCT 5365: Topics in Valuation Analysis
|ACCT/FINC 5370: Valuation for Financial Reporting
|FINC 5105: Valuation of Derivatives
|Choose ONE from the following:
|ACCT 5375: Fair Value of Financial Instruments (recommended option)
|ACCT 5240: Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting
|ACCT 5330: Advanced Financial Accounting
|ACCT 5960: Independent Study
|FINC 5115: Corporate Investment Decisions
|FINC 5325: Real Options Analysis
Required for certificate: 12 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Business Valuation Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $850 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact email@example.com.