Seattle University's Mission Statement
Seattle University is dedicated to educating the whole person, to professional formation, and to empowering leaders for a just and humane world.
Upon completing their graduate studies, Seattle University students will:
- Demonstrate mastery of competencies required in their profession or field.
- Demonstrate effective communication in speech and in writing.
- Exhibit professional integrity, ethical leadership, and effective collaboration skills.
- Recognize and address moral and ethical challenges within their professions as informed by the Jesuit Catholic tradition.
- Assess personal and professional levels of commitment to service for a just and sustainable world as informed by a global perspective.
- Develop a professional perspective focused on life-long learning that is informed by the knowledge and skills of their graduate education.