Seattle University undergraduate Studio Art students should be able to develop:
- Synthesize theoretical and intellectual concepts in their artwork.
- Demonstrate an understanding and use of a wide variety of materials and techniques, forming a foundational background in the arts.
- Focus on the use and understanding of one type of art practice, demonstrating advanced techniques and methods.
- Have a deep knowledge of art history and the ability to critically analyze and evaluate works of art, and through this combination be able to contextualize their own work.
- Prepare for continued education in visual art, or professional exhibition, or employment within the field of art.