Considering Sport & Exercise Science as your new major?
If you are considering a Change of Major to Sport & Exercise Science (SPEX), start by reviewing the degree requirements and program summary. Do not hesitate to contact our Program Coordinator Kari Berkas if you have any question. Contact us to:
- Attend a course lecture
- Visit the Human Performance Lab
- Schedule a meeting with one of our faculty to discuss admission to the program and your intended career path
For more information regarding Change of Major, please visit the Major and Minor Selection section on the A&S Academic Advising Website.
Steps To Change Your Major to Sports and Exercise Science
- Email Kari Berkas, Program Coordinator, for information about setting up an appointment with your potential academic advisor to see if SPEX is a good fit.
- For your appointment, log into SU Online, print a “What If” Program Evaluation,"What if" program evaluations are available on the Student Menu of SU Online. When printing a program evaluation, instead of selecting your current degree program, select "BS, major in Sport and Exercise Science" from the drop-down menu.
- From this, we will help you complete the Change of Major form from the Office of the Registrar.
- After the Kinesiology Department (located in Casey 540) signs the form, take the form to your current major and have them sign it. Then, drop it off at the Office of the Registrar in Vi Hilbert Hall.
- When the Change of Major form has been processed you will receive an email notifying you of your new academic advisor assignment. You will also be added to the SPEX listserv and Canvas page.