Bachelor of Arts in Public Affairs
The major in public affairs welcomes students interested in the areas of policy-making, planning, community engagement, and advocacy working in local, state, and federal government or the nonprofit sector. Coursework in public affairs encourages students to explore diverse perspectives, apply problem-solving skills, and engage in practical internship experiences that enable graduates to undertake important leadership responsibilities and challenging work in the public and nonprofit sectors.
Public Affairs students will:
- Develop the perspectives, skills, and abilities necessary to make a difference in the public and nonprofit sector.
- Learn about public policy, program evaluation, organizational leadership, financial management, and research methods.
- Choose a concentration in an area of particular interest including:
- Urban Planning and Sustainability
- Nonprofit Management
- International Development (study abroad options are available)
- Policy and Politics
- Or design your own concentration