The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures offers a minor in Japanese.
In order to receive full credit for courses in a language they must be taken in the numerical sequence (1150 through 2350) as listed below. A previous course cannot be repeated to improve a grade once a higher course in the sequence is in progress or has been completed
- JPAN 1150 Japanese Language I (5)
- JPAN 1250 Japanese Language II (5)
- JPAN 1350 Japanese Language III (5)
- JPAN 2150 Japanese Language IV (5)
- JPAN 2250 Japanese Language V (5)
- JPAN 2350 Japanese Language VI (5)
An intuitive approach to understanding, speaking, reading, and writing in Japanese. These courses include practice in reading and writing, kanji, hiragana, and katakana.
- JPAN 3150 Variable Topics (5)
An introduction to Japanese culture and civilization with emphasis on the basic traditions and structures of Japanese society.