The Internship Process
- You must complete an internship of (at least) 3 credits, which is equivalent to 90 hours of supervised work with the hosting organization. Ideally, you will complete the internship after your sophomore year once you have chosen a specialization.
- The internship is your opportunity to explore your interests and apply what you have learned in the classroom to a workplace setting.
- You should start your internship search several weeks ahead of the quarter in which you plan to begin the internship. The EVST Internship Coordinator (currently, Dr. Gordon Miller) can help you to develop an internship plan that meets your academic and career goals.
Finding an Internship
We have listed some local organizations that frequently offer environmental internships. The following resources are also helpful:
Registering for an Internship
Before you can register for your internship, you must meet with the Internship Coordinator to discuss your internship and complete the appropriate SU registration materials, including:
Before the last day of classes of the quarter during which you complete your internship, you must complete and submit the following documents to the Internship Coordinator:
- Student Final Report Format
- Supervisor Report You should provide a copy of this form to your internship supervisor prior to completion of your internship and request that they complete the form and email it to the Internship Coordinator by the due date.
Looking for Internship ideas?
Check out these Seattle-area environmental organizations!