You may be asked to provide the names of two professors as professional references:
- These are professors with whom you have had regular one-on-one contact (in a class or as an advisor).
- You will need to sign a reference letter request (which fulfills FERPA disclosure requirements; form available on Registrar's website).
- Your references will be asked to comment on the following:
- Respect for other students
- Performance in class
- Promptness to meetings or class
- Interpersonal skills
- Other relevant characteristics or skills
If references indicate that you are not ready to participate in an internship, you may choose to meet with the Internship Director and receive feedback about how to improve on these recommendations so that you may make changes and apply for an internship in the future.