The Seattle University Graduate Certificate in Public Administration is designed for individuals seeking to enter or advance their careers in local, state, or federal government or the nonprofit sector. Our graduates receive a holistic education that promotes service to diverse communities, and prepares them with knowledge and skills in critical thinking, analysis, administration, management, policy, and research.
Almost 85% of our students work full-time. For students not employed or seeking to explore another field or sector of interest, the Seattle University public administration programs offer hands on learning and service opportunities in the heart of an urban community.
What makes the Seattle University Graduate Certificate in Public Administration unique?
- We focus on social justice and the empowerment of diverse communities.
- Service and research with faculty who are active scholars and practitioners.
- We collaborate with a network of experienced students, faculty, alumni, and community leaders.
- 12 credits
- Certificate can be completed in six months to one year
- Appropriate for individuals who are currently working or seeking employment in the public or nonprofit sectors
- Rolling admissions: applicants can apply and begin the program every quarter
- Tuition for the academic year 2018-2019 is $720 per credit and is subject to change annually by the Seattle University Board of Trustees. The total cost for the Certificate based on the 2018-2019 tuition is $8,640.