The Council on Social Work Education submits an annual survey of social work programs across the United States to gather information about programs and students. Here is a summary of this year’s survey results:
- More MSW degrees are being conferred year over year for the last 10 years with a total of 27,296 conferred in 2017-2018.
- Washington State conferred 1.9% of the total MSW degrees.
- Over a third of MSW students were enrolled part-time in 2018.
- Clinical or Direct Practice social work was the #1 specialization offered by MSW programs.
- Enrollment and conferral of MSW degrees is increasing and has been increasing over the last 10 years.
Photos and data taken from 2018 Statistics on Social Work Education in the United States: Summary of the CSWE Annual Survey of Social Work Programs.