Accreditation : Accredited in June of 2019 by the Council on Social Work Education
- 2-Year full time (66 credits)
- 10-month Advanced Standing (39 credits)
- Medical/Health Social Work
- Trauma Informed Practice
- 2-Year 1168 hours total: 448 hours 1st year; 720 hours in 2nd year
- Advanced Standing total: 720 over 9 months
Disciplinary Lens of the Field of Social Work
- Person seen in the context of their environment.
- Conflicts and difficulties arise out of the interaction between the person and their environment.
- For effective advanced clinical social work practice with individuals, families, and groups.
- For advanced clinical practice competence with diverse populations.
- To effectively promote and advocate for economic and social justice and human rights.
- To apply the values, ethics, and standards of the social work profession into advance practice.
- For service and leadership roles as practitioners to improve human well-being.
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct one accordingly.
- Apply social work values and ethical principles to guide social work practice.
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.\
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Respond to contexts that shape practice.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Curricular Areas of Study
- Social and Economic Justice
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment & Life Span Development
- History of the Profession
- Research and Program Evaluation Sequence
- Practice courses at Generalist and Advanced level with Individuals, Families, and Groups
- Field Practicum
Fields of Practice with Individuals, Families, and Groups
- Case Management
- Child/Adolescent and Family Services
- Child Welfare Crisis Intervention
- Justice System including Juvenile Justice
- Medical Social Work
- Community Practice
- Chemical Dependency Mental Health: Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Residential Treatment