Located on the third floor of the Lemieux Library, the center can provide the following services to the department and to the Seattle University community:
- A Macintosh computer laboratory for the use of students and faculty.
- Computer-assisted language software and video.
- Conversion of any video standard worldwide to the NTSC standard used in the U.S. if copyright permitted.
- Projected video viewing from VHS tape, DVD and laser discs.
- Assistance in Digital Video creation and conversion to QuickTime movies using iMovie 2 or Final Cut Pro.
- Language video programs in French, Spanish, German, Italian and Polish.
- A collection of VHS, laser disc and DVD videos of foreign movies and documentaries.
The learning center contains the following equipment and development software:
- 1 Mac G4 Dual 800 MHZ 80GB HD Computer
- 1 Mac G4 867 MHZ 80GB HD CD/DVD Rom Computer
- 12 iMac G3 Computers
- 2 eMac G4 Computers
- 3 iBooks
- HP Laserjet Printer
- Minolta Dimage Scan Elite - Slide Scanner
- Epson 1680 Pro Scanner
- 25 Koss & Sony headsets
- Cyclone CD Duplicator
- Pioneer Laser/DVD/CD Player
- 2 Samsung Multi-System VCR Players
- Epson LCD Projector
- Surround sound - KLIPSCH Quintet Speaker System
- Photoshop 7.0
- Final Cut Pro 3
- iMovie 2
- La Taupe & A travers la lumière
- Several camcorders (Includes: 1 Canon GL1 DV Camcorder and 1 Canon Optura DV Camcorder)
- Bogen Tripod
- Azden wireless microphones
- Hollywood DV Bridge Conversion Analog to Digital video