Students are required to complete activities from the following for the GAP certificate categories (total of 140 points):
- Academic Requirements (25 points minimum)
- Class Schedule and Learning Outcomes: Students are required to take five one-credit GAP courses and complete the senior synthesis in the spring of their senior year (3-5 credits). For details here: Class Schedule and Learning Outcomes
- Approved Electives: Students are required to take three approved elective courses (non-Core classes) that have been designated to meet GAP requirements: one in Humanities, one in Social Science, and one elective. Details here: Approved Electives
- Co-Curricular Activities (40 points minimum)
- Students must attend five lectures or public events that have a strong international or multicultural focus and write a short report to receive credit. Students are also required to participate in a co-curricular University organization or club that has a strong international or multicultural focus. Students may establish a partnership with an international student.
- Global Engagement (50 points minimum)
- Service Learning: All GAP students must participate in a University-approved Service Learning project and write a short evaluation of their project
- Study and/or Travel with Multicultural Emphasis: Students travelling abroad are required to spend a minimum of two weeks and submit a written reflection of their experience.
International students may fulfill this requirement by acting as resources / experts who share knowledge about their country and culture with academic and campus.