Students participating in the Global Awareness Program are expected to achieve the following learning outcomes:
Understand the varying perspectives of the humanities, social and physical sciences, and mathematics apply them to personal, civic, or professional issues.
- Be able to identify key issues facing the contemporary world
- Be able to identify key environmental, political social and cultural factors shaping these key issues
- Be able to identify important persons, institutions shaping contemporary global affairs
- Be able to identify key geographic hotspots
- Be able to discuss key ways in which contemporary global issues impact your own life
- Demonstrate an ability to compare and contrast essential cultural and social similarities and differences between your own and another culture
- Apply theoretical models for cross-cultural comparisons.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key ethical value systems and their approaches to contemporary global challenges.
- Identify a Jesuit ethos for global respect.
- Develop a personal value system for global understanding.
- Identify key Macro and Micro Models for Global Engagement
- Be able to critically evaluate appropriate models for global engagement depending on the context and challenge
- Develop a personal approach for global engagement
- Be able to identify key models of leadership for global engagement.
- Develop a personal approach for global leadership depending on interests and personality.
- Be able to identify major trends that are likely to shape global events in the next 5-10 and 20-year periods.
- Be able to identify models for global engagement to deal with these emerging trends based on classes taken as part of the Global Awareness Program.
- Integrate and synthesis central learning outcomes derived from GAP and the Seattle University Core curriculum.
- Be able to synthesize various components of the GAP program into a reflection on career and post-baccalaureate goals.
For details on learning outcomes linked to the class schedule, Class Schedule and Learning Outcomescf17.